3 Easy Halloween Hair Hacks
Halloween is creeping around the corner… Are you ghouls ready? Whether your [Hallo]weekend is packed with parties (each with a new costume, of course) or you’re only dressing up for your office costume contest, we’ve got you and your hair covered! Here’s to looking extra boo-tiful with Dear Clark this year:
Flower Child / Hippie
Grab a flower crown (or make one if you’re feeling crafty!) and wear your hair in loose, beachy waves to keep your bohemian girl vibes super chill.
- Start with clean, damp hair and spray Dear Clark Volumizing Tonic throughout, specifically focusing on the roots and blow dry as normal. This will add body and texture to your hair, so your beachy waves will last from day to night.
- Using a tapered wand, curl large sections of hair and alternate curling towards and away from the face. Leave out the bottom inch and a half of hair to keep waves looking messy and natural.
- Add a few small braids (fishtail braids, preferred!) and secure them with a clear elastic band.
- Add your flower crown and secure with bobby pins to complete the look!
Princess / Queen
Alas! You can finally wear the tiara you deserve without any judgment. Add some polished, bouncy curls and you’re ready to rule the day.
- Start with clean, damp hair and apply one to two dime-sized amounts of the Dear Clark Finishing Salve evenly, from root to tip. This nourishing formula will protect against heat damage, while also enhancing texture and body for lusciously wavy hair. As an added bonus it also heals, seals, and saves your style to protect from heat and humidity
- Blow-dry your hair. Once it’s dry, separate into 3 sections: top right, top left, and the bottom.
- Starting with the bottom section, grab a medium chunk of hair and curl with a clip barrel curling iron. Repeat on the top right and top left of hair, making sure to curl away from the face.
- Add a tiara and, if you’re feeling extra sparkly, a bit of glitter along your part!
Kitty Cat / Catwoman
Meow! Cat ears can make your costume as simple or as sexy as you want it to be. We style them with a super sleek blowout to keep the attention up top.
- Start with clean, damp hair and apply Dear Clark Thickening Balm to the roots. This will plump, protect, and add shine to each strand to give a thicker look and feel.
- Section hair into four parts (two on top, two on bottom) and blow dry hair straight with a round brush.
- Run a flatiron over hair to get it extra smooth and straight.
- Finish with kitten ears!
All of our products are full of nourishing oils and nutrients to restore hydration and maintain smooth, sleek hair from day to night. We want to see your final Halloween looks – tag us on Instagram (@dearclarkhair) so we can see and share the love!